Pricing is a big part of why a property may or may not be a good match for you, so we have an extensive “cost checklist” that is integrated into our standard site search. In addition to room rates, we include items such as food and beverage minimums, golf rates, spa prices, meeting room rentals and audio/visual equipment rentals. This helps you understand the value of the offering so that you can make good choices ... after we’ve crunched the numbers for you.
Here’s what happens next:
- You choose a potential hotel
- You provide us with your company- specific contract requirements
- We begin our contract negotiations process: your requirements + our requirements (based on best practices)
- We document all of the savings we achieve on your behalf
- We deliver a Negotiated Savings Report to you so that you can see the terms we’ve negotiated
- We work with you and your sourcing/purchasing department to answer questions
- You sign the hotel contract
As for Morley’s fee for these services…
The hotel pays us a commission, and we use that money to pay for our work on your behalf. Therefore, our site selection and contracting services don’t cost you anything.
You might ask, “Does the commission increase the cost of using that hotel?” The answer is no. The hotel industry charges the same price regardless of whether you go to them directly or use an agent like Morley. It’s always the same price. The commission that pays for our service is always available to us.
Clients have been impressed with our transparency, attention to detail and professionalism when it comes to our site selection and contract negotiation processes. You know where you stand at every stage, and when it comes to signing the contract, you’re confident that you’re making the right decision because we’ve helped you assess all your options and negotiate the best pricing and concessions.
We look forward to learning more about what’s right for you and helping you find the right hotel for your next meeting or event.